Pureprint Group signs up to beta B2 HP Indigo 10000
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 05 July 2012
Pureprint Group has become the second UK business to sign up to beta HP's new Indigo 10000 Digital Press.
The Uckfield, East Sussex-based business will take delivery of the B2 machine this September and test the press with a variety of applications until midway through 2013.
According to Pureprint technical director Aaron Archer, testing the latest Indigo machine was a logical step for the group, with digital print playing a major role in the company's expansion.
He said: "The 10000 press will enable us to extend our digitally printed portfolio to include a range of new applications.
"New size formats for brochures, folders, posters, book covers, and packaging applications will now be possible, as well as cost-effective, higher volumes of other commercial products."
Unveiled in March, the Indigo 10000 offers the same full variable data capabilities as other Indigo machines and comes as standard as a seven-colour machine, while its 3,450sph simplex print speed is equivalent to 230 A4ppm.
The other UK beta of the 10000 is expected to go to Barking-based Precision Printing this August.
The 10000 is part of a trio of fourth generation Indigos that includes the 20000, a 34m/min web press capable of "gravure-quality" printing onto films as thin as 10mic, targeted at the flexible packaging and label markets.
Another new model is the 30000, which is the same speed as the 10000 but can handle boards up to 600mic and is aimed at the folded carton sector.
Pureprint Group director Richard Owers said he expects the Indigo 10000 to prove to be "the next significant development" for companies producing personalised digital print.
"A B2 press with variable data capability that also prints pure colour reproduction and reduces environmental impacts is highly attractive to us and our clients," he added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service