Sun Chemical launches new inks for wide-format print production
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 02 July 2012
Sun Chemical has launched two new inks designed for use in wide- and super-wide-format printers.
Streamline ESL HPQ and the Streamline Ultima HPQ have been developed for printing equipment that currently output solvent-based inks.
According to the manufacturer, the new additions have "very high" print quality capabilities that can exceed OEM product performance in some cases.
Sun Chemical also claims that the inks have "excellent adhesion" qualities to a wide range of printing media used by customers such as screen printers, display shops, digital print businesses and repro houses.
The manufacturer has developed the new inks in conjunction with several customers that have participated in beta testing the new products.
AM Printshop director Steve Moralee said that using Sun Chemical's Streamline ESL HPQ has enabled the business to be more competitive.
He said: "In the past, the amount of ink we used on a job was so varied that it was difficult for us to estimate the total production cost.
"Sun Chemical's new Streamline ink system has provided us with outstanding print quality while reducing our material costs by over 50%."
The Colour Crew general manager Nick Goodall said his company had also had a positive experience trialling the Ultima HPQ system.
He added: "We had an issue with blocked ink heads with our previous ink system which increased the amount of downtime.
"Cleaning and replacing them was a significant cost to the business. Essentially, with Sun Chemical's Streamline ink system, we're getting the highest quality ink product and performance at half the price of OEM."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London