Newsprinters opts for QuadTech AccuCam to improve consistency
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 28 June 2012
Newsprinters, the printing operation of News International, will install QuadTech's AccuCam systems on 25 towers of the group's five Manroland Colorman XXL presses.
Set for installation from October, the colour control and web inspection systems will improve quality consistency across the print run while also providing warnings of possible faults such as creasing or transposed plates.
The deal is the culmination of a two year trial with QuadTech, which took place at Newsprinters' Knowsley facility near Liverpool.
As a result of the research and development partnership at Knowsley, QuadTech has also introduced a new AccuCam water control capability, which helps monitor and control press damping levels.
Newsprinters group managing director Brian McGee said he was "delighted" with the results of the partnership.
He said: "This investment will provide us with cost savings and improve already award-winning print quality, it reinforces our commitment to stay ahead of the game with regard to printing technology, as we do with all aspects of manufacturing excellence."
The Newsprinters AccuCam installation, which will be operational by January 2013, follows similar installs at companies such as Sankei Shimbun Printing in Japan and The Chigaco Tribune.
Karl Fritchen, president of QuadTech, added: "It is truly an honour to be selected by Newsprinters to continue our relationship and supply our closed-loop color control across the remaining presses at Knowsley.
"Working together with the team at Newsprinters has provided us the necessary insight to extend our development of a revolutionary product for the newspaper market."
Last October, Newsprinters won the contract to print the Evening Standard. Around 700,000 newspapers are printed every day at the company's flagship Broxbourne facility.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102