Terry Cooper Services appointed Bagel Systems' UK distributor
By Hannah Jordan Wednesday, 20 June 2012
Nottingham-based finishing equipment supplier TCS has signed a deal to supply the Spanish manufacturer's laminator range for the first time in the UK.
Barcelona-based Bagel Systems signed the deal with TCS to launch its laminator range into the UK, aimed at the print finishing and graphic arts sectors.
It is the second exclusive distribution deal for TCS this year after the firm was appointed UK distributor for the Zechini X-Book range of casing machines. Bagel's range includes three models designed for jobs from B1 to B3.
The Kikuzen is available in automatic or hand-fed versions, and can laminate digital B2 landscape and B1 vertical offset prints. The model is suitable for longer print runs, features include a pneumatic feeder with two air suction conveyors, pneumatic decurling bar and a trim cutting system.
The Digifav, also available as an automatic or hand-fed model, is designed to carry out short-run digital and litho jobs at up to B2 vertical offset formats with a maximum production speed of 22m/min.
TCS will offer demonstrations of the Digifav at its Nottingham showroom from 2 July.
The third in the series, the Minilam is designed for B3 digital print jobs. It is hand-fed and handles 72cm length print sheets at a maximum speed of 15m/min.
The list prices are £45,000, £26,000 and £20,000 respectively and all three models are available to order now with a lead time of four to six weeks.
Bagel Systems claims the range is compatible with 95% of digital printers in the market including Xerox, HP, Konica Minolta, Océ and Kodak.
TCS will be responsible for all UK sales, servicing and installations as well as the supply of laminating media including gloss, matt, embossed, scuff-free, varnish or box gumming.
TCS sales manager Dean Stayne said: "In this climate we need to offer the best possible range of machines to meet our clients demands in terms of functionality, new technology, budget and footprint.
"Not only is the build quality of these laminators extremely high, but their compact form and small footprint has been designed to fit into practically any business type."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Estimator - East Midlands Blayze Unguem £Negotiable salary depending on ability, plus excellent benefits package, East Midlands
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC