Gomer Press concludes £3m upgrade
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 18 June 2012
The Llandysul, Wales-based publisher and printer is targeting a 20% increase in turnover after concluding a £3m upgrade of its pre-press, printing and finishing equipment.
The company, the largest independent publisher in Wales, produces books in both Welsh and English languages and expects its comprehensive Heidelberg equipment spend to increase sales over the next two years.
Gomer Press has opted for a four-colour Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 106 perfector in addition to a Suprasetter 105 and an automated Stahlfolder KH 82.
Gomer's Speedmaster XL 106 will handle high-quality colour work as well as high-volume perfected mono publications for the academic and legal sectors.
Its Suprasetter 105 replaces an outgoing Topsetter, increasing its hourly plate output from 13 to 21 in the process, and will be installed together with the latest Heidelberg Prinect upgrades.
These include the latest versions of Prepress Manager and Pressroom Manager, Meta Dimension and Signastation.
In its finishing department, the move to the Stahlfolder KH 82 enables the company to automatically handle both 32pp- and 16pp-format work.
"With the Heidelberg kit and a new Kolbus binder we bought at at Drupa we hope to increase our current turnover of £3.5m by 20% in the next two years, said Gomer Press chairman John Lewis.
He added: "It’s achievable because with the new equipment in place we will be even more competitive."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK