PrintWeek Awards: Report & Accounts Printer of the Year - St Ives Westerham Press
Tuesday, 25 October 2011
Work for the Conran Design Group and Compass, Burberry and WPP ensured that St Ives Westerham Press upgraded from its commended position last year to winner of the Report & Accounts Printer of the Year category this time around.
The bright visual imagery and use of metallics throughout the Compass report so impressed the judges that one remarked: "It actually made me hungry!" The report also stood out for fulfilling its strict environmental brief, by using FSC 50% recycled paper. Meanwhile, the Burberry report’s "excellent use" of stochastic screening and foil-blocked metallic silver cover was praised by the judges, who commented that the overall product "absolutely reflected the brand’s image and style". Completing this trio of outstanding work was the WPP annual report, for which St Ives Westerham discovered that substituting four stronger colours in the four-colour set reproduced the report’s images more realistically.
Commended – Fulmar Colour
Faced with a tight budget for a report that won an award last year, Fulmar Colour certainly had a challenge on its hands with BBA’s Annual Report. The printer made sure it lived up to expectations by rigorous proofing stages and a new digital uncoated proofing system. A Big Yellow Annual Report, produced in just three days, and Derwent’s Annual Report also ensured Fulmar Colour’s entry was singled out by the judges for special praise.
- Fulmar Colour
- Park Communications
- Pureprint Group
- Royle Print
- St Ives Westerham Press
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London